At our market stalls as well as online, many people ask us what the difference is between our Everyday and Premium Matcha Green Tea so let's break it down here and find out!
There are several factors to consider with Matcha .... there is such a HUGE array of choice out there and they certainly all vary in terms of quality and price.
It is so important to us to provide you with high quality, superior tasting Matcha that is also affordable.
So what are the main differences in our tea?
- is Japanese Certified Organic by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries of Japan which means it is grown with only natural organic fertilisers and no agricultural chemicals or pesticides. JAS certification standards are accepted by the Australian organic certification bodies.
- Originates from tea leaves grown in Miyazaki Prefecture, Kyushu Island, Japan
- Is from the 2020 Tea Harvest and is first flush (the first plucking of the youngest and most tender tea leaves in the harvest for freshest tea)
- is Bright green , smooth to drink with no bitterness
- has a fine silky like texture with no impurities.
- is perfect for Everyday use: to drink on its own, with milk or for cooking purposes - baking, smoothies, bliss balls and more.
- It is an extremely high quality tea when compared to many other grades Matcha (which often is not bright in colour and rich in Matcha smell) and will have superior tasting results when used in recipes. It is far superior in taste, colour and flavour than most Culinary Grade Matcha on the market.
is sourced from the Emperor Award Winning Kifukuen Tea Farm in Uji. Over the past 50 years, Kifukuen Tea Farm has won 1st Prize more than 20 times in an annual competition for tea in Japan. The winners are commended by the Japanese Emperor and it means that the government acknowledges the tea as a high-quality superior product
- Uji is located between the two ancient capitals of Kyoto and Nara, is blessed with the quality of soil and surroundings needed for Matcha. Green Tea has been grown in Uji since the 12th Century and the technique of covering the tea with shade cloth to produce Matcha started in around the 16th century. Uji is world renowned as producing top quality Matcha Green Tea.
- is the 2018 / 2019 Golden Leaf GOLD winner in the Ceremonial Grade Matcha and 2018 winner of Overall Matcha category.
- Ceremonial Grade means it's suitable to use in Japanese Tea Ceremony when tea is prepared with a bamboo whisk and results in a creamy frothy finish. Inferior quality Matcha doesn't froth up as easily.
- is hand picked in the first harvest which occurs in May each year which means that only the finest quality youngest and freshest tea leaves get selected for this tea.
- is even brighter green in colour and delicate and smooth tasting to drink with absolutely no bitterness. High grade Matcha such as this has a light sweet finish.
So which Matcha is right for you?
If you are new to the world of Matcha and would like to try it out, I would suggest trying the Everyday Matcha which combined with milk of your choice, makes a lovely tasting Matcha Latte (feel free to add a sweetener if you like too!)
It's also perfect to drink on it's own or add into many a recipe - just check out our Pinterest account for inspiration here
If you are already quite familiar with drinking Matcha and wish to enjoy some extra smooth and high quality tasting (not to mention multi Award Winning tea), the Premium Matcha is the tea for you!
If you also like to enjoy the finer things in life and pride yourself with discerning taste, we would recommend treating yourself with this tea too.
Ideally drunk on its own with water but also a real delight if you decide to make a latte with it.
You can check out these teas for purchase here
If you have any questions about our tea or anything else, feel free to drop us a comment below!