PREMIUM Matcha Green Tea Powder (30g)
Feel fabulous with this antioxidant rich Matcha Green Tea Power!
Did you know that Matcha has 10 times the amount of Antioxidants than found in regular Green Tea?
For a natural, long lasting energy boost, you can't go past Matcha.
This PREMIUM Ceremonial Grade Award Winning Matcha:
Won GOLD (First Prize) in the 2019 & 2018 Golden Leaf Tea Awards in the Ceremonial Grade category. Read all about it here
Is grown at the Emperor Award Winning Kifukuen Tea Farm in Uji, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan that has been in the same family for 8 generations.
- It is handpicked just once a year in early Autumn and only the finest tea leaves are selected to make this premium tea. This tea is typically used in Japanese Tea Ceremony so it is of
Ceremonial Grade Quality.
Brilliantly green in colour, the aroma is earthy with a rich scent of fresh leaves. The taste of this PREMIUM Matcha is delicate and smooth without any bitterness and will melt in your mouth. High grade Matcha such as this has a light sweet finish.
- Push 1/2 teaspoon (or more to taste) of Matcha through a sieve into a cup or
Add up to 1 cup of water (If hot - optimum water temperature is no hotter than 70°C) and dissolve by stirring vigorously with a spoon or shake together in the tea shaker
Top up with hot or cold milk of your choice to make a Latte then stir again or shake with Tea Shaker to achieve a silky frothy finish.
- Note - you can also make a Latte using milk entirely (no water)
- Up to 30 servings per pouch (Serving size around 1- 2 grams)
ABOUT THE TEA FARM:
Over the past 50 years, Kifukuen Tea Farm has won 1st Prize more than 20 times in an annual competition for tea in Japan.
- The winners are commended by the Japanese Emperor and it means that the government acknowledges the tea as a high-quality superior product.
There are many winners in the tea category such as "Sencha" and "Gyokuro" varieties but Mr Terakawa of Kifukuen Tea Farm is the only winner in the "Tencha" (the tea leaves that are ground to make matcha) category so far.
- Mr Terakawa and his son have received more than twenty awards over the last 50 years from the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
Hear from Mr Terakawa himself about the farm our Premium Matcha comes from:
- Our Certified Econic Home Compostable Packaging is perfect for storing matcha as it protects it from exposure to air, heat and light that make Matcha appear dull and bitter.
- Econic® packaging is made from three compostable films derived from sustainably-produced wood pulp and GM-free corn sources.
- The three films are laminated together to provide the barrier properties required to lock in the taste and freshness of coffee and dry foods. - You can put your used Econic® bags in your own home compost or worm farm, containing heat, water, oxygen, soil and micro-organisms.
- They can also be disposed of in a commercial composting facility if you have one in your area.
- Compost trials have shown that Econic® bags can break down into small fragments in as little as 16 weeks.
- We use Australia Post or Sendle to send out our orders across Australia
- If your order is under 200 grams you will have the option to select the Australia Post option at checkout and the postage cost will be AUD $4.00. However, there is no tracking for this service and we assume no responsibility if item is lost in transit.
- If you select the Sendle courier option (rates start at AUD $9.00) you will be supplied with a tracking number to trace item.
- If your product is in stock, we will post to you by the next business day. Dependant on your location, you can expect to receive your order within 5 business days.
- Domestic shipping is a flat rate based on weight and is calculated at checkout
- We use Sendle to send out our orders across the World. If your product is in stock, we will post to you within 2 business days. Shipping times vary according to the country you reside in however you will receive a tracking number by email to keep up to date with when to expect your order.
- International shipping is based on delivery location and order weight and is calculated at checkout.
- As a business, we feel have a responsibility to Planet Earth by supplying our products in the most eco-friendly option available. That is why you will find unnecessary plastic packaging in your order.
- Tea Shakers are packaged in cardboard and our Tea comes in home compostable packaging.
- We use brown jiffy bag mailers or cardboard boxes that provide cushioning protection with 100% recycled paper fibre interior to post our products to you. These can be reused by yourself or recycled in your kerbside bin.
- Rest assured, you will not receive any excessive plastic packaging, yet your order will be safely and securely packed.
- Our desire is that you will be completely happy with your purchase but if for some reason you are not satisfied with the product, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how we can help.
- Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
- is packed with over 137 Antioxidants. That's more antioxidants than found in superfoods such as Goji Berries, Broccoli, Blueberries, Acai Berries and Spinach
- helps with weight Loss and metabolism through a plant based compound known as Catechin (or EGCG)
- reduces anxiety through the amino acid L-theanine which promotes relaxation and stress reduction
- is anti-ageing due to the high antixodiant content, which prevents oxidation, inhibits mutation of DNA and helps to restore damaged DNA.
- With generous amounts of the amino acid L-Theanine, Matcha can put you in a good mood. L-Theanine activates the brain’s alpha waves, resulting in a feeling of calmness; combined with matcha’s caffeine content, Matcha offers sustained calm alertness.
- offers alertness, concentration and focus that keeps you going all day long. A single bowl of matcha can keep you in a hyper-alert state for between 3-6 hours
Amazing Matcha, best on the market. Excellent customer service from Erin, she is a beautiful lady.
Can't thank you enough for introducing my taste buds to a truly pure delicious tea and the restorative affects your Matcha has on my burnt out and highly stressed daily dips at 3pm. Pouring a cup mid arvo at the office has saved my sanity since I received your wonderful product and started drinking daily. I love it so much I also swirl a spoonful into my yoghurt and berry bowl in the morning. Can't wait to try more of your smartly sourced teas.
After trying four other brands of matcha, I almost gave up thinking that the tea just wasn’t my thing (as I’m usually a coffee drinker), but was curious about matcha and it’s health benefits. I then found out about Matcha Yu and as I was reading about the premium matcha it ticked all the boxes and had to try it. I just love the colour, the smell, the taste and how it makes me feel. Now I drink it daily and even take it with me when I travel. The packaging is beautiful and I love the personal touch given with each order.
I'm so glad I came across this company. Not only is the matcha (and houjicha) superb, the home-compostable packing is such an advantage, and the reason why I keep buying from them.
If small companies can do these sort of packages, what's stopping the major companies? I mean, the option is there! It's just another reason for me to ditch massive companies and support small and more local businesses.