Hojicha (pronounced Ho-jee-cha) is a fantastic low caffeine alternative to coffee with a warm toasty flavour and aroma and is increasingly growing in popularity around the world.
These 2 x bags of 70 GRAMS OF HOJICHA ROASTED GREEN TEA POWDER :
Is medium roasted and has a pleasant warm and nutty aroma.
Is from a 2021 Second harvest originated in Fukuoka prefecture, Japan
- Comes in Eco-friendly Home Compostable Packaging sourced from Econic. The Product Label is also home compostable, sourced form Black Rainbow Printing.
Is Roasted Green Tea and this makes it quite different to other Japanese Green Tea which are mostly steamed.
This roasting method emerged early in the 20th century in Kyoto, when tea merchants started roasting leaves over charcoal.
The roasting process has a decaffeinating effect on the leaves, making Hojicha a low-caffeine alternative for tea enthusiasts or as a coffee replacement.
The roasting process also changes the flavour of the tea. With a nutty taste, Hojicha is a unique tea in that it has a “roast” flavour that no other tea has.Interestingly enough, this flavour makes Hojicha taste quite a bit like freshly roasted coffee.
- Perfect to drink if you are very caffeine sensitive due to its low caffeine content
- Push 1/2 teaspoon (or more to taste) of Hojicha through a sieve into a cup or
Add up to 1 cup of water (If hot - optimum water temperature is no hotter than 70°C) and dissolve by stirring vagariously with a spoon or shake together in the tea shaker
Top up with hot or cold milk of your choice to make a Latte then stir again or shake with Tea Shaker to achieve a silky frothy finish.
- Note - you can also make a Latte using milk entirely (no water)
SERVING SIZE/ PRICE PER SERVE
Incredibly versatile in nature, you can use your Hojicha in baking, smoothies, bliss balls and more.
- For recipe inspiration visit our Pinterest page here