This Hojicha Tea Shaker Set consists of:
Tea Shaker (Clear or Floral design) & sieve
Houjicha Powder (30 grams -Medium Roasted Japanese Green Tea) in Eco-friendly Home Compostable Packaging
Bamboo Tea Scoop
This 70 GRAMS OF HOUJICHA POWDER :
- Is medium roasted and has a pleasant warm and nutty aroma
- Is from a Second harvest originated in Fukuoka prefecture, Japan
- It’s perfect to drink on its own, with milk or for cooking purposes
- Comes in Eco-friendly Home Compostable Packaging sourced from Econic. The Product Label is also home compostable, sourced form Black Rainbow Printing.
Is Roasted Green Tea and this makes it quite different to other Japanese Green Tea which are mostly steamed.
This roasting method emerged early in the 20th century in Kyoto, when tea merchants started roasting leaves over charcoal.
The roasting process has a decaffeinating effect on the leaves, making Hojicha a low-caffeine alternative for tea enthusiasts or as a coffee replacement.
The roasting process also changes the flavour of the tea. With a nutty taste, Hojicha is a unique tea in that it has a “roast” flavour that no other tea has.Interestingly enough, this flavour makes Hojicha taste quite a bit like freshly roasted coffee.
Perfect to drink if you are very caffeine sensitive due to its low caffeine content
The unique Tea Shaker device which holds 330ml of liquid, is made out of BPA-free Tritan. Products made from Tritan are impact and shatter resistant, Plus they stay durable even after years of repeated use.
- It is completely free of bisphenol A (BPA), bisphenol S and any other bisphenol compounds as well as estrogenic and androgenic activity.⠀
BAMBOO SCOOP (CHASHAKU):
- Push 1/2 teaspoon (or more to taste) of Houjicha through a sieve into a cup or
Add up to 1 cup of water (If hot - optimum water temperature is no hotter than 70°C) and dissolve by stirring vagariously with a spoon or shake together in the tea shaker
Top up with hot or cold milk of your choice to make a Latte then stir again or shake with Tea Shaker to achieve a silky frothy finish.
- Note - you can also make a Latte using milk entirely (no water)
SERVING SIZE/ PRICE PER SERVE