HOUJICHA Lightly Roasted Green Tea Powder (70g)
CURRENTLY ON SALE:
Please note this tea is labelled with a best before date of Dec 2019.
However, it is still perfectly ok to consume and it has been always stored in the fridge so still fresh and very delicious.
Houjicha (also known as Hojicha) is:
Roasted Green Tea and this makes it quite different to other Japanese Green Tea which are mostly steamed.
This roasting method emerged early in the 20th century in Kyoto, when tea merchants started roasting leaves over charcoal.
The roasting process has a decaffeinating effect on the leaves, making Houjicha a low-caffeine alternative for tea enthusiasts or as a coffee replacement.
The roasting process also changes the flavour of the tea. With a nutty taste, Houjicha is a unique tea in that it has a “roast” flavour that no other tea has.Interestingly enough, this flavour makes Houjicha taste quite a bit like freshly roasted coffee.
This 70 GRAMS OF HOUJICHA POWDER :
Is lightly roasted and has a pleasant warm and nutty aroma.
Originates from a blend of Sencha tea leaves supplied from several farmers in Kyoto, Japan.
It’s perfect to drink on its own, with milk or for cooking purposes.
- Push 1/2 teaspoon (or more to taste) of Houjicha through a sieve into a cup or
Add up to 1 cup of water (If hot - optimum water temperature is no hotter than 70°C) and dissolve by stirring vagariously with a spoon or shake together in the tea shaker
Top up with hot or cold milk of your choice to make a Latte then stir again or shake with Tea Shaker to achieve a silky frothy finish.
- Note - you can also make a Latte using milk entirely (no water)
Incredibly versatile in nature, you can use your Houjicha in baking, smoothies, bliss balls and more.
- For recipe inspiration visit our Pinterest page here
- Our Certified Econic Home Compostable Packaging is perfect for storing matcha as it protects it from exposure to air, heat and light that make Matcha appear dull and bitter.
- Econic® packaging is made from three compostable films derived from sustainably-produced wood pulp and GM-free corn sources.
- The three films are laminated together to provide the barrier properties required to lock in the taste and freshness of coffee and dry foods. - You can put your used Econic® bags in your own home compost or worm farm, containing heat, water, oxygen, soil and micro-organisms.
- They can also be disposed of in a commercial composting facility if you have one in your area.
- Compost trials have shown that Econic® bags can break down into small fragments in as little as 16 weeks.
- We use Australia Post or Sendle to send out our orders across Australia
- If your order is under 200 grams you will have the option to select the Australia Post option at checkout and the postage cost will be AUD $4.00. However, there is no tracking for this service and we assume no responsibility if item is lost in transit.
- If you select the Sendle courier option (rates start at AUD $9.00) you will be supplied with a tracking number to trace item.
- If your product is in stock, we will post to you by the next business day. Dependant on your location, you can expect to receive your order within 5 business days.
- Domestic shipping is a flat rate based on weight and is calculated at checkout
- We use Sendle to send out our orders across the World. If your product is in stock, we will post to you within 2 business days. Shipping times vary according to the country you reside in however you will receive a tracking number by email to keep up to date with when to expect your order.
- International shipping is based on delivery location and order weight and is calculated at checkout.
- As a business, we feel have a responsibility to Planet Earth by supplying our products in the most eco-friendly option available. That is why you will find unnecessary plastic packaging in your order.
- Tea Shakers are packaged in cardboard and our Tea comes in home compostable packaging.
- We use brown jiffy bag mailers or cardboard boxes that provide cushioning protection with 100% recycled paper fibre interior to post our products to you. These can be reused by yourself or recycled in your kerbside bin.
- Rest assured, you will not receive any excessive plastic packaging, yet your order will be safely and securely packed.
- Our desire is that you will be completely happy with your purchase but if for some reason you are not satisfied with the product, please contact us at email@example.com to let us know how we can help.
- Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
Such high quality matcha and houjicha powder! Very happy with both. I’m using them for drinks and baking. And I’m loving the enviro considerations with compostable packaging
So excited when I got the parcel from Matcha Yu! Especially love the Houjicha with its nutty, roasted aroma and smooth consistency. I use the Matcha with an avocado smoothie every morning. It feels great to know that the packaging is compostable and the quality is definitely top notch!
This houjicha has a sweet, nutty aroma and blends beautifully to make a warming latte - I've even found whisking it with cold milk is delicious too! I highly recommend it!