Health Benefits of Drinking Matcha
The health benefits of drinking antioxidant-rich Matcha Green Tea are many.
- a natural energy boost which keeps you going all day
- feelings of calm, keeping anxious thoughts & stress away
- improved focus and concentration
- detoxifying which helps fight free radicals and effects of ageing
- help with a healthy immune system
- boosted metabolism and help with weight loss
Let's break it down in a little more detail below so you can see how Matcha can transform your mind and body for the better.
PROVIDES NATURAL ENERGY
- Matcha does contain caffeine which provides energy, but only 1/3 of the amount found in coffee. Matcha provides a slow steady release of caffeine into the blood stream, sustaining you over several hours. This is the key difference between Matcha and Coffee as the latter gives a sharp spike of energy but then drops quite suddenly, causing you to crave more. Matcha is a much more effective way of getting the energy you need without the nasty side effects or cravings of Coffee.
CALMING & REDUCES ANXIETY
- Matcha contains an amazing amino acid known as L-theanine that positively affects alpha waves in the brain, helping you feel relaxed and reduces feelings of anxiety or stress. Matcha also increases dopamine and serotonin levels which positively improves your mood, making you feel happy.
IMPROVES FOCUS & CONCENTRATION
- The combination of caffeine and L-theanine found in Matcha has been shown to improve memory retention and help with faster reaction time. Matcha helps you feel more productive and keeps you focused and concentrate on the task at hand.
DETOXIFYING & ANTI AGEING
- In the week's leading up to tea harvest the plants that become Matcha get covered in shade to block sunlight and increase chlorophyll production. Chlorophyll can help improve liver function, which can help increase your body’s ability to flush out toxins. Chlorophyll has also been shown to help with the excretion of heavy metals, dioxins, and other persistent chemicals.
- Matcha also contains Catechins, which are potent cancer-fighters counteracting the effect of pollutants, chemicals, UV rays, and radiation.
- Matcha contains the vitamins A, C, K and B complex that help with renewal of skin cells. This helps reduce the the signs of premature ageing and promotion of supple and smoother skin.
HELPS BOOST IMMUNITY
- Matcha contains one of the highest natural sources of antioxidants, higher than blueberries, chia seeds and other superfoods you may be familiar with. The antioxidants help fight free radicals in the system to keep your immune system fighting fit and healthy.
- Matcha is the best natural source of the plant based catechin EGCG (Epigallocatechin gallate) which helps the body produce T-cells that fight pathogen and virus. Read more about it here
BOOSTS METABOLISM & MAY AID IN WEIGHT LOSS
- That wonderful EGCG plant compound helps here too! In conjunction with caffeine found in Matcha it can assist with boosting metabolism which in turn increases your body's ability to burn calories.
- Matcha also helps your body absorb and use the fat in your body as an energy source when working out.