Home Compostable Packaging
- Being as eco-friendly as possible is so important to us which is why all of our tea comes in Econic Certified Home Compostable Packaging.
- It is perfect for storing matcha as it protects it from exposure to air, heat and light that make Matcha appear dull and bitter.
- Econic® packaging is made from three compostable films derived from sustainably-produced wood pulp and GM-free corn sources.
- The three films are laminated together to provide the barrier properties required to lock in the taste and freshness of coffee and dry foods.
- You can put your used Econic® bags in your own home compost or worm farm, containing heat, water, oxygen, soil and micro-organisms.
- They can also be disposed of in a commercial composting facility if you have one in your area.
Compost trials have shown that Econic® bags can break down into small fragments in as little as 15 weeks.
Learn more in our Interview with Owen Embling, owner of Econic Pack where we source our bags.
How long does it take to produce a home compostable bag?