HOME COMPOSTABLE PACKAGING:
- Being as eco-friendly as possible is so important to us which is why all of our tea comes in Econic Certified 100% Home Compostable Packaging.
- This triple barrier packaging is ideal for storing Matcha as it protects it from exposure to air, heat and light that can make Matcha appear dull and bitter.
- Econic® packaging is made from three compostable films derived from sustainably-produced wood pulp and GM-free corn sources.
- The three films are laminated together to provide the barrier properties required to lock in the taste and freshness of coffee and dry foods.
- You can put your used Econic® bags in your own home compost or worm farm, containing heat, water, oxygen, soil and micro-organisms.
- They can also be disposed of in a commercial composting facility if you have one in your area.
- Compost trials have shown that Econic® bags can break down into small fragments in as little as 15 weeks.
- Tip - cutting the bag down into smaller pieces before putting in your compost allows it to break down quicker. Our labels are also 100% home compostable so you do not need to remove them prior to composting.
Learn more in our Interview with Owen Embling, owner of Econic Pack where we source our bags.
How long does it take to produce a home compostable bag?
If a product's packaging says compostable, is it really home compostable?
Matcha Yu Tea cares deeply about plastic pollution and along with our own efforts to reduce waste via our packaging, we choose to be a business supporter of the Australian Marine Conservation Society We support the incredible work they do to protect the ocean, in particular reducing the amount of single use plastic waste that enters it.