We love enjoying Matcha year round and when the weather heats up, it's just perfect to use in chilled beverages and treats!
So we thought we would share with you some of our fave ways to use Matcha and keep cool over summer!
Here's some of the amazing health benefits using Matcha provides you.
🍵 Matcha provides a long lasting natural energy boost
🍵 Matcha helps you feel calm and focused
🍵 Matcha is metabolism boosting to help with exercise & weight loss
🍵 Matcha is detoxifying if you've over indulged
🍵 Matcha is antioxidant rich for a healthy mind & body
So without further ado, let's dive in!
1) Iced Matcha Latte
- throw some ice into a glass
- add in some milk of your choice (we used our fave Original Bon Soy Almond Milk)
- shake up a couple of scoops of Everyday Matcha in our Tea shaker with 1/2 cup hot water (no hotter than 80 degrees)
- pour over ice and milk and enjoy!
2) Matcha Smoothie Bowl
@eatoutwithjo had a lot of fun making this delicious matcha smoothie bowl
- Frozen ripe bananas
- Frozen ripe pineapple
- light coconut milk (canned or carton)
- Everyday Matcha powder
TOPPINGS optional but raspberries make a delicious addition
3) Matcha Ice Cream
Thanks to the easy recipe from @the_bojon_gourmet, these ice creams are keeping us cool over summer and making us smile too! 😊⠀
Dairy free and vegan, these delightful treats consist of:⠀
- Everyday Matcha
- Dark Chocolate⠀
- Cashew Nuts⠀
- Coconut Milk⠀
Check out the full recipe here:⠀
4) Matcha Dalgona
Coffee dalgona was all the rage last year and for those who didn't drink coffee, Matcha was the next best thing!
Here's the recipe we followed to make our own vegan version.
- Drain 1 can of chickpea liquid and beat until fluffy
- Mix 1 tablespoon of Everyday Matcha with 2 tablespoons of water and make a paste
- Add in to fluffy chickpea liquid along with 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat again to combine
- Serve over ice and milk of your choice, scooping carefully into the glass
- Ps: how amazing is Aquafaba aka chickpea liquid!
5) Matcha Cold Brew
Matcha Cold brew style is super easy with our handy Tea Shaker . Simply:
- Push a scoop of Matcha through the provided tea sieve.
- Remove the tea sieve then add around 1/2 cup of hot water (no hotter than 80c) and shake well to dissolve Matcha
- Add another cup (less or more to taste) of chilled water and shake again
- Enjoy your refreshing cold brew Matcha
We hope these easy recipes inspire you to enjoy Matcha Green Tea in many different ways over summer (or anytime of year for that matter!)