Happy New Year to you all!
Over here at Matcha Yu HQ, I have started the new year with a goal to move my body more, shed some kilos and feel fitter. 2020 was spent sitting down for long periods of time due to working from home during Melbourne's lockdown.
I'm sure many of you out there can relate!
Did you know the antioxidant powerhouse that is Matcha Green Tea can be the perfect accompaniment to all kinds of exercise?
Matcha can help boost your metabolism and lose weight in 2021 and beyond.
Without further ado, let's dive in and find out 5 reasons how Matcha can help you with your body and fitness goals.
1) Matcha is packed with antioxidants including EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) which:
is a unique plant catechin in Matcha that in conjunction with the naturally occurring caffeine can assist with weight loss.
helps your body absorb and use the fat in your body as an energy source when working out.
works by raising your metabolism giving you the ability to burn calories faster.
- keeps your body's immune system in top condition ensuring you coming from a healthy starting point to work out effectively.
2) Matcha is detoxifying which:
can help flush the body of toxins naturally which also helps boost metabolism and assist with weight loss.
can reduce the oxidative stress to your muscles which is caused by an imbalance of free radicals and antioxidants in the body, which can lead to cell and tissue damage.
- helps muscles recover faster post exercise.
3) Matcha can balance the body by:
- helping regulate blood sugar levels and stop you craving sugary, calorie laden foods.
4) Matcha can energise the body by:
- offering a slow release of caffeine (about a third of the amount found in coffee) over several hours, sustaining you for much longer and keeping fatigue at bay to get through your workout and beyond.
5) Matcha helps relax and focus the mind and body through the amino acid L-theanine which:
- allows your body to feel simultaneously relaxed yet focused on the task at hand when working out
- reduces stress levels, reducing the chance of adrenal fatigue and burnout
How to drink Matcha to ensure maximum effectiveness when working out?
If you're looking for the lowest calorie option, the recommendation is to make it with just hot or cold water, as opposed to making a Matcha Latte with milk.
Matcha also makes a wonderful addition to any kind of fruit / vegetable smoothie or juice.
It's a good idea to drink your Matcha 30-60 mins before exercise for optimal effectiveness and ensure you hydrate with water through your workout.
If you're looking for a fantastic natural based source of energy that will enhance your workout, Matcha is a perfect addition to your day to help you on your way to achieving those New Year Goals!
Shop our range of Matcha Green Tea Powders here