How to Make Matcha
Making an easy cup of Matcha has never been easier, especially with our convenient Tea Shaker
HOW TO MAKE A MODERN MATCHA LATTE (WITH MILK)
1 cup of Milk of your choice
1) Push Matcha through a sieve into cup or Tea Shaker to make powder extra fine
2) Add water to Matcha and blend with a bamboo whisk or use the Tea Shaker to dissolve powder.
3) Heat Milk on stove (For an Iced Latte - used chilled milk)
4) Add Sweetener (optional)
5) Whisk or use Tea shaker to combine once more
6) Pour into cup of your choice (For Iced, add in ice cubes)
7) Top with extra Matcha powder if desired
HOW TO MAKE A TRADITIONAL CUP OF MATCHA (WITH WATER)
Take 1 scoop (around 1/2 a teaspoon) of Matcha and place into the included tea strainer which sits on top of the Tea Shaker (with lid removed).
(Note: 2 scoops of Matcha will provide a much deeper, fuller bodied taste, reminiscent of tea experienced in Japanese Tea Ceremony)
Push the Matcha through the tea strainer into the shaker. This ensures the Matcha powder is nice and fine with no lumps.
Remove the tea strainer and fill shaker with around 120 ml (1/2 cup) of water or milk and close the cap tightly (optimum temperature is 80 degrees)
Shake the bottle about 10-20 times from up to down. Make sure the cap, silicon ring and bottle are tightly shut.
Enjoy the Matcha directly from the bottle or pour the Matcha in to a cup
You can also view the easy step by step video below:
If you don’t own a Tea Shaker, simply follow these steps to make a cup of Matcha:
1. Push the Matcha Powder through a sieve into your cup
2. Pour in around 1/2 cup of hot water (no hotter than 80 degrees)
3. Blend the Matcha and liquid by mixing with a spoon vigorously
4. Top up with Hot water (or milk if you're making a Latte) and enjoy.